Primary responsibilities include
Transporting participants/students ages 14-24 to off-site activities, events, as well as to and from agency facilities and/or program locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules as participants/students board and exit van or cross streets near van stops.
- Comply with traffic regulations to operate vehicles in a safe and courteous manner. Maintain order among pupils during trips to ensure safety.
- Check the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
- Escort special needs participants/students across roads and highways.
- Report any van malfunctions or needed repairs.
- Pick up and drop off participants/students at regularly scheduled neighborhood locations, following strict time schedules.
- Maintain knowledge of first-aid procedures.
- Prepare and submit reports that may include the number of passengers or trips, hours worked, mileage, or fuel consumption
- Read maps and follow written and verbal geographic directions. Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Attend in-service training as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- The ability to see details at a distance.
- The ability to judge which of several objects is closer or farther away from you, or to judge the distance between you and an object.
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- The ability to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when it appears.
- Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Must pass a Local and National Criminal History Record Information Check under the National Child Protection Act.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work independently
- Valid CT driver s license with a Public Service Activity Endorsement, or V endorsement, or CDL
Please apply below for immediate consideration.