Well established aerospace manufacturer in Wethersfield for 75+ years has openings for Manual Milling Machinists/Toolmakers, CNC Milling Machinists, CNC Lathe & Manual Lathe Machinists.
Tool Maker/Manual Machinist
Low Volume, high mix job shop, typical quantities of 1-5 pieces, most oftentimes assemblies.
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in "hands on” actual tool work.
- Able to set up and operate machine tools for fabrication of tools and fixtures. Ensure quality of all machined parts are correct.
- Use of micrometers, Gauge blocks, height gauges, work indicators, calipers, etc. proficiently.
- Must skillfully setup and/or operate all machine tools required.
- Capable of doing layouts to fabricate complex parts and working to tolerances of .001” accuracy.
- Must be able to interpret blueprints and engineering sketches to manufacture part and can recommend the correct process and/or method for the tooling and machining to improve work quality and productivity.
- Must be capable of designing and fabricating fixtures, jigs, & tools.
- Experience in the operation of Prototrak knee mills a plus.
CNC Milling Machinist
- At least 5 years’ experience in an aerospace job shop with low quantity parts, not production environment.
- Experience on 3 & 4 axis milling machines and on multiple different controls.
- Must be able to perform own set-ups, Understand & use work travelers, blueprints, programs, specs, locations of surfaces, machining parameters & tolerances (GD&T)
- Able to use common machining measuring tools
CNC Manual & Lathe Turning Machinist
- 5+ years’ experience
- Candidate must be able to perform multiple set-ups daily for small runs.
- Also must be able to read, interpret and work from blue prints, NOT OP sheets
- Experience in an aerospace job shop with low quantity parts, not a production environment
- Experience on Mazak, Prototrak and manual turning equipment a plus.
- Training on Mazatrol Programming will be given.
1st shift, excellent benefits which include medical, dental, life, short term disability and 401K with generous match.
Paid holidays and vacation time.
Normal work week is 44 hours. ( M-Th 7am-4:30pm & F 7am-3:30pm, ½ hour lunch)
Must be willing to work additional OT when necessary.
Please send resume by clicking on the apply button below or fax the resume to 860-257-9694