Founded in 1998, Malta House is poised for growth and is looking for someone who wants to make a measurable, meaningful impact every day and play a part leading an organization toward its next chapter in a new and larger facility, serving 50% more mothers and babies.
The ideal candidate is a fundraising generalist with proven success who is an organized and confident self-starter. Our next development director will approach donor and volunteer relationships with warmth and gratitude, relate to our residents with respect and compassion, and be a relentless advocate for the transformational change we make at Malta House. S/he will have a growth mindset and a drive to both implement best practices and experiment with new ideas.
The successful candidate will help forge new relationships to build Malta House’s visibility, impact and financial resources. The Director of Development will design and implement a comprehensive plan for developing key external alliances by cultivating individual and philanthropic support, as well as implement marketing initiatives that connect Malta House with opportunities that will increase public awareness and position us as a valued resource in the community. S/he will foster a culture valuing philanthropy within the organization.
- Manage all fundraising, public relations and marketing activities
- Create content, execute reports and manage year-end Annual Appeal and other direct mail pieces
- Manage and oversee donor database in DonorView
- Solicit active and lapsed donors, including corporate partners and foundations
- Communicate with donors regularly, oversee capital campaign pledge fulfillment reminders and systems, work with management to fulfill naming opportunities in new building (to which move is scheduled at end of 2020)
- Create content and manage production of printed and digital Annual Report, quarterly e-newsletters, and semi-annual print newsletters
- Establish, maintain and cultivate relationships with existing and new donors
- Prepare written reports for quarterly Development Committee meetings and bi-monthly Board of Director meetings; lead Development Committee meetings and discussions
- Research funding sources and oversee grant writer (outside consultant) to ensure all information is accurate, current, and compelling
- Issue grant reports as required by funder
- Strategize, plan and help execute special events throughout the year with an aim to increase revenue, grow our base of support and further cultivate existing donors
Marketing & Communications
- Together, with the Executive Director, serve as the face and voice of MH in the communities we serve and by which we are supported
- Oversee social media content and website management
- Oversee and lead monthly house tours and informational sessions
- Make presentations to civic, professional, religious and social groups to explain program direction, funding needs, and volunteer opportunities/ participation
- Oversee Parish Speaking Coordinator, Development Associate (both full time positions), and Grant Writer position (part time consultant); oversee and approve all online (website and social media) content, volunteer outreach and communications, parish outreach and communications, and grant LOIs, submissions, and research
Please apply below for immediate consideration